I am a retired teacher now in the late sixties. My hobbies and interests include internet surfing, psychology, comparative religion, reading (non-fiction), scrabble, intellectual humours and classical jokes, nature conservation, environmental concerns and recycling of whatever items usable, listening to radio and watching selected programmes on TV. I have an endemic passion for motor-cars and modes of transport.
- The most precious thing in life according to me is Time……….Time…………….Time… and am an excellent Time Manager
- I enjoy intellectual, classical and cultured jokes
- I owe much to my mother and uncle-turned father-in-law who brought me up to what I am today. My father died at my tender age of eight but I still remember the extraordinary love and affection he showered on me as his only child.
- My late uncle/father-in-law, my late aunt/ mother-in-law and their daughter my wife and our three children (a female and two males in the order) and their spouses and (4) grandchildren inspire me most.
- People dislike me for my forthrightness and extreme honesty (Strange, isn’t it?)
- I become impatient when I see things are not sighted in the proper place at the proper time, be it home or office.
- I would like to be remembered as an honest, loyal, down-to-earth person.
- Take fastidious interest in my personal hygiene, food and dress.
- I am apolitical but get extreme pleasure when politicians are mocked at in cartoons.
- I hate bragging, being impolite, selfishness, false justifications, being not punctual and wasting time, things and food.
- I strongly believe innovations, superstitious beliefs, extremism and fanaticism practised by a small minority belonging to the world’s major religions destroy the moral values and originality in men, women and children.
- I am a strong campaigner against hero-worshiping and superstitions.
- Born an only child to my parents, I consider I am unfortunate.
- My nature: A bit Extrovert and a bit Introvert but extremely sensitive and I am a culture-conscious iconoclastic and an idiosyncratic person.
- My Worst Character Traits: Judgmental, critical, and sometimes superficial
- Phobias: Exams, Stage, Heights
- Pleasures: Helping people in whatever way possible within my capacity. Protecting other people’s properties as those of mine when borrowed or given for trust. Hospitality. Sharing of what I read and enjoy.
- Setting my own trends without embracing the norm.
- Giving respect and getting respect.
The selections of what you read in my blog reflect my “selves”. So long as there are people in this world to reflect my thoughts and ideas, why should I write? That’s why I reproduce more and write little!
The two quotes 99.99% of the people in the world may hate to hear –
THE BEST OF PRESENTS
“May God have mercy on him who sends me my faults as a present.” – Umar Ibn Al-Khathab the Great Caliph and Companion of Prophet Muhammad
Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.” ― Mahatma Gandhi